This months challenge saw me up my miles and my game from a 100 mile goal in April to 150 miles for the month of May, a solid 50% increase in miles as I increased the frequency and the distance of my rides unfortunately that was not the only struggle this month. I can honestly say I did not mind the weather, not the best for riding but you got to take the rough with the smooth and you know me and a challenge.
The thing that got to me was the lack of sleep. I am not sure if it was the weather but it has been wearing me down, I would head to bed, normal time about 21:30 but I would wake up a few hours later and keep waking up until the alarm went off, things are getting better but I am far from being back to normal and one thing I know I do need desperately is a holiday, even just a long weekend away, I will see though.
But enough of that, lets see the positives from this month
- I have noticed a 15-20 beat drop in my heart rate at resting.
- I have proved to myself that I can do this, I can ride the distance.
- I have become stronger in my mind, even when I hit the wall early in a ride I recovered and carried on for a good session.
- I am a more positive and open person, I have made many new friends, you all rock.
- My training has become a way of life again.
For June challenge I am going to add in some cross training and I have added 15 miles walking on the moors and I am aiming for another 150 miles on the bike, this should help re balance my muscles and prevent or reduce some problems I have noticed appearing, plus it gives me a break from the bike something even i need now and then.
Well that is all for now, I am going to put my head down and try and sleep, right now I am working on a draft for another entry that has a very open and honest content, and slightly adult too, if I can make sense I will post it up this week.